Sunday, March 23, 2014

Back To The 80s: Tracey Ullman Simpsons

The Simpsons is my favorite TV show, and I can't be the only person who says this.\Of course, they had their humble beginnings, which were more humble than I care to admit.
First off, the family looks.....different.
Seriously.
They were originally in short animation bumpers on the Tracey Ullman Show.
I actually had nightmares the first time I saw the Tracey Ullman-style Simpsons. Brace yourself:
When a Sea Monkey jumps in yellow food coloring, you get this.

Anyways, I remember enjoying these when I was younger, but looking back on them, what the heck did I just watch? The humor was....weird, and the animation was surreal. It was very crude, and the voices were raspy. Like Imagine Yoda doing Marge's voice.
Aside from that, I'm glad the show evolved into what it did, and that they still don't look like demons.
Above is one of these shorts. I have no idea why whoever uploaded it called Bart "Barrel", so don't ask me.